Monday 20 January 2014

Brush Care and Pick Me Ups





Afternoon all!!
So with the coming together of this blog I feel I've made a commitment to you and should post even those little purchases. Well, that's how I see it, and not admitting I may have a teeny tiny problem!! 

I'd ran out of brush cleaner so popped in to re stock on that and noticed the travel size Fix+ - cute right?! 

Fix+ is Mac's universal saviour that has a multitude of uses. Spritz before make up application, after make up to set. During the day for a great pick me up and as a mixing medium for all those gorgeous pigments that are out there. A spritz of vitamin and minerals infused with green tea, chamomile and cucumber and refreshing scent what's not to love?! 
I grabbed the travel size as it's great just to chuck in the handbag and have on the go whilst my larger bottle (which lasts for ages) stays safely at home.  
Fix+ is £8 for 30ml and £14.50 for 100ml

With the New Year I promised myself I'd take better care of my brushes, with the plan to spot clean every day and deep clean every other week. So far I'm not doing bad - granted I'm not managing to spot clean every day. Especially on those mornings when you just can't get out of bed and then run those few minutes late!! I love Mac's brush cleanser to spot clean with as it's quick and easy and is designed to clean, disinfect and condition brush fibres so brushes will last longer. It leaves them smelling fresh and soft and has a short drying time which is great when you haven't got the time to do a deep clean and leave them for hours to dry. 
Brush Cleanser is £10 for 235ml. This and the Fix+ are available online at Mac and in stores. 

What brush routines do you all have and what do you use? 
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Victoria Yardley28 January 2014 at 13:46

    Carla my darling, I had no idea the fix+ had so many uses! Thank you for educating me. This has now made it's way into my daily routine.... Brushes have also had a clean since reading this so.... Look forward to your next post xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria Yardley3 February 2014 at 19:05

    I got it ages and ages ago when I went to Mac with wadey (as you know I don't go in there much as I am a Benebabe) so glad you blogged about it. I use it so much more, going to need a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Let's do another girlie day soon and we'll stock you up. Don't forget to keep the empty for bac 2 mac :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think and will read every one!! xxx