Sunday 19 January 2014

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Rude




With Flash

Without Flash


Since last Sunday I have been thinking of what things to include in my new found blog - wondering whether Christmas purchases and gifts were still valid or if I should go out and add to my ever growing collection. (Believe me, this would have happened anyway!!)


So it only seemed like fate when I got the email from Illamasqua telling me that their amazing sale was still on. I hotfooted it down to their flagship store one afternoon after work and straight away found myself drawn to their cream blushers.



I have never tried a cream blush before - and for someone with dry skin this seems rather silly!! They are hailed for being great for those of us with dry skin to give a healthy, dewy glow.



I must admit that after looking at swatches online, I was hankering after Dixie, but after a quick look of the display it seemed apparent that they were out of stock - not surprising as they were at the bargain price of £7.50!! So I swatched Rude and Seduce on my hand and decided on Rude, it was a close second to Dixie being described as a 'warm peach pink'



Once I got home, I couldn't wait to try it out. The packaging is quirky, just like the brand, and unlike I've read for previous reviews, I had no trouble opening the case. I teamed the blush with a slightly smokey eye and nude lips. I knew with the pigment of the blush I wouldn't need to over compensate with harsh colours to show it off, and this way it's a very wearable day look.



This would still look great with a darker eye and buildable colour of the blush if you wanted a more striking evening make up. The blush itself is really lovely and creamy and goes on like dream. If you're scared of the colour, it's so easy to start off light and add as much colour intensity as you wish. I really love the dewiness it gives my skin and would definitely look at getting another one, especially with the great pigments that Illamasqua offer. I know that this will become a staple in my make up bag, especially as spring approaches. 



You can still find Rude on sale online here at Illamasqua's website, hurry while the sale continues!!



What cream blush have you tried? What are your favourites?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Victoria Yardley28 January 2014 at 13:49

    Carla I have a Bobbi Brown cream blush, and I love they dewy look that it gives but I find that I have to re-apply more than I would with a powder. Does the Illamasque have better staying power?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think and will read every one!! xxx