Wednesday 5 March 2014

Welcome back Stereo Rose?




The cult that is MAC's Mineralise Skinfinish in Stereo Rose is back....
But is it going to cause a stir for the right reasons? 
Stereo Rose made its first appearance in 2010, with a re release in 2012 and now in 2014 in the Fantasy of Flowers collection. It very quickly became a favourite among beauty lovers and bloggers alike. 
It became apparent very quickly that this years release is a much paler colour payoff with 'less bronze and coppery veining' than it's predecessors, with a lot of wondering even why it's been given the same name. 
As I haven't owned previous releases - slow off the old starting blocks again there. (Also I think I'd tried to steer clear of limited edition collections with fear of falling in love and not being able to re purchase) I can only review what this years version has to offer. 
In short - I really like it. With being as fair as I am, the paler shade is good for me. It's a lovely colour payoff as a blush and if I'm not so heavy handed as a highlighter. Described as a 'copper bronze' on me it gives a lovely rose gold hue with a slight peach sheen. (Anything rose gold in my books is a win) The peach though is where the problem lies as before it was a deeper pink-coral. It does have a very frosty finish so do be careful with it highlighting any flaws such as pores, which we all try so hard to hide!!
The formula isn't as consistent with other MSF's, it's still very soft but a little on the dry side and with only a few sweeps of the brush there was a lot of kick up, so you don't need to go too crazy.
I'm a little disappointed that it's not the same as it should be - but I like it enough to say I'll continue to use it. Although I feel a lot of you will decide it's just not worth the hype this time. 
If you feel it is, it's released in stores tomorrow 6th March and is £22 for 9g

Do you have the original Stereo Rose? What are your thoughts on the changes?

Carla 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think and will read every one!! xxx